Clicky

Orland Firefighters extinguish fire at local home

Rate this post

Orland Firefighters extinguish fire at local home

Firemen at work

Firemen at work (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The Orland Fire Protection District responded to a house fire Wednesday afternoon, April 2, 2014 at the 9100 Block of Frances Lane at around 12 noon.

The 911 call came from an individual who was passing by and saw the fire.

Initial arriving units reported heavy smoke from the roof and fire from a second floor window. Firefighters forced entry and extinguished the fire in a second floor bedroom within about 15 minutes. They also searched the home for the occupants who were not home at the time of fire. The fire was contained to the bedroom but the second floor sustained significant heat and smoke damage while the first floor had moderate smoke damage.

Orland firefighters were assisted by Tinley Park on scene while County Club Hills and Palos Heights were called to cover stations. Orland Fire investigators determined the fire originated in the second floor bedroom and was caused by an electrical short in a lamp.

For more information on the Orland Fire Protection District visit www.OrlandFire.org.

Enhanced by Zemanta

admin

Managing Editor at Illinois News Network
Managing Editor posting profile, Illinois News Network. [email protected]